The 118,000 or so car2go members in Vancouver, Canada, can now slide into the seat of a more refined, slightly sleeker and larger smart fortwo. Vancouver’s award-winning car2go operation, the largest in North America, is in the process of upgrading its one-thousand smart fortwo units while also improving the user experience.
So what’s new:
- Unlocking in about five seconds, enabling members to quickly hop in and drive away.
- Bluetooth access allowing drivers and passengers to connect their own devices for music and hands-free calling.
- Seat warmers to keep occupants toasty on those chilly Vancouver days, few as they are.
- Larger size, providing increased human accommodation and cargo space.
- More oomph and a smoother shifting transmission improving performance dynamics and the fun-factor.
- A tighter turning radius making the new car2go even easier to maneuver in tight spaces.
As always, safety remains a top priority. The new smart fortwo car2go retains its rigid Tridion safety shell, anti-lock brakes, electronic stability control, and airbags for both occupants.
Never been a car2go member?
Now’s the time to give car-sharing a test drive. Car2go is offering free registration along with free drive time for new Vancouver members until September 30th this year. Promotions can be found by following @car2goVancouver on Twitter and connecting with car2go on Facebook.