Bugatti and Rimac Announce Partnership

Two vehicle manufacturers, in the high-performance EV and internal combustion spaces, have officially joined forces today: welcome Bugatti Rimac.

Under the new partnership, the freshly formed Rimac Group — led by 33-year-old founder Mate Rimac as CEO, who retains his majority shareholding alongside investors Porsche, Hyundai Motor Group and others — has a 55 per cent stake and Porsche (representing parent company Volkswagen), the remaining 45 per cent.

“This is a truly exciting moment in the short, yet rapidly expanding history of Rimac Automobili. We have gone through so much in such a short space of time, but this new venture takes things to a completely new level. Rimac and Bugatti are a perfect match in terms of what we each bring to the table. As a young, agile and fast-paced automotive and technology company, we have established ourselves as an industry pioneer in electric technologies,”

Operating as separate entities moving forward with existing production facilities and distribution intact, they are expected to collaborate on future projects sharing resources and R&D, as well as combine Bugatti’s 110-years of engineering experience and Rimac’s cutting edge innovation, the latter currently on display in its latest 1,877-horsepower Nevera.

A new subsidiary called Rimac Technology is set to continue the development and supply of battery systems, drivetrains and other EV components for various international automakers, the learnings which will be trickled down into models by both respective brands.

 

Translate »

8 ISSUES (PREMIUM MAGAZINE) FOR $29.95

X